Starsmore Visitor and Nature Center is a must-see for any visitors to North Cheyenne Cañon. Sitting at the entrance to North Cheyenne Cañon Park and at the east trailhead of the Columbine Trail, Starsmore is home to many exhibits highlighting the park’s geology, flora, fauna, and history. Programs are offered at the visitor center throughout the year, and there are activities for guests of all ages. Cherished as a local landmark for many years, this craftsman-style stone building was originally the home of the Starsmore family. It was purchased by the City of Colorado Springs and moved to its present location in 1992. Drinking water and restrooms are available in the Visitor Center.
- Summer: Daily, 8am - 4pm
- Spring, Fall, Winter: Tuesday-Saturday, 9am - 3pm
- Please call (719) 385-6086 for more information
2120 South Cheyenne Cañon Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Phone: (719) 385-6086 | Fax: (719) 385-6090
Questions? Email us
Volunteers play a vital role in the stewardship and education of North Cheyenne Cañon Park! Join our incredible community of Adult and Teen Volunteers at North Cheyenne Cañon Park and help provide a rewarding experience for our visitors!
Volunteers have various duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Trail Roving, and Trash pickup on our 26 miles of trails as part of our Roving Interpreter Program
- Assisting in Interpretive and Educational programs as a Program Volunteer
- Providing Visitor Center Information, both at Helen Hunt Falls Visitor Center and Starsmore Visitor Center as an Information Specialist
- Helping at Special Events in the Cañon! Winter Bird Festival, Hummingbird Festival, Halloween Carnival, and more!
For teens ages 13 – 17, North Cheyenne Cañon’s Teen Volunteer Program is designed to build leadership skills, customer service, and communication skills, all while interacting with visitors in an outdoor setting. You will have the opportunity to discover your inner naturalist by interpreting various aspects of the park to enrich the visitors' experience. The Teen Volunteer program is summer focused, with the teen training hosted in late May, and volunteer hours available from Memorial Day through Labor Day at Helen Hunt Falls Visitor Center. This is a great opportunity for those who are building a resume, learning about the field of Parks and Recreation, or want to give back to their community while socializing with others! Join us today!’