Weddings in Parks

Share this page:

All Neighborhood or Community Parks are available for a wedding ceremony. For information about weddings in Garden of the Gods or our Open Spaces, scroll to the bottom of this page.

Weddings in parks

Any City Park is available for a wedding ceremony. For information about weddings in Garden of the Gods, scroll to the bottom of this page.

More than 50 people

If you have more than 50 people, you need to rent a pavilion or apply for a Special Event Permit.

Less than 50 people

If there will be less than 50 people, and no decorations, chairs, arches, etc. included in the event, you may wish to reserve a pavilion, but you won't need any other reservation. 

If you would like to include tents, chairs, awnings, arches, etc. you must rent a pavilion or apply for a Special Event Permit. 

Pavilion reservations

Rent a pavilion

  • All pavilion reservations must be made online. 
  • Pavilion reservations range from $100 - $250 
  • All reservation are for a full day, and cannot be broken down by the hour. 
  • You are welcome to bring covered propane grills to use for your barbecue, however, absolutely no charcoal or wood burning grills are allowed. Should fire restrictions be in effect through the Colorado Springs Fire Department, those restrictions supersede all rules set forth by Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services.
  • Pavilion restrooms are closed October through May, and restrooms will not be available during these months.
  • We allow you to bring in your choice of outside catering; however, No alcohol is permitted in any city park. Catering companies must follow all park requirements for grills and open flames listed above. 
  • For more important information about reserving pavilions, visit the "rent a pavilion" link above.

Park Special Event Permit

Request a Special Event Permit

Please note, your application will not be accepted without the following documents included:

  • Application – signed and dated
  • Event narrative and timeline
  • Site Plan 
  • Emergency plan 
  • Park Rules and Regulations – signed and dated

For more important information, visit the "Request a Special Event Permit" link above.

Music, microphones, speakers and other amplified sound at weddings

If you plan to use any form of amplified sound (speaker, megaphone, etc.), you will need to apply for a Noise Hardship Permit through the Colorado Springs Police Department. This application needs to be filled out and sent directly to the police department. You may send your completed application to or print and mail to Colorado Springs Police Department, Attn: Special Events Unit, 705 S Nevada Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO. 80903. 

Open Spaces

Events, including weddings are not allowed on all TOPS properties due to a conservation easement. Any location listed below is not available for a wedding. Open spaces that are not listed below follow the same guidelines as "Weddings in Parks" above.

  • Austin Bluffs Open Space
  • Blodgett Peak Open Space
  • Bluestem Prairie Open Space
  • Cheyenne Meadows Open Space
  • Cheyenne Mountain State Park 
  • Corral Bluffs Open Space
  • High Chaparral Open Space
  • Red Rock Canyon Open Space
  • Stratton Open Space
  • Union Meadows Open Space
  • White Acres Open Space

Garden of the Gods

There is no charge for the 6 areas listed below.  All are on a first come, first served basis. No reservations/permits available. Please respect the capacities listed for each location.

  • Weddings at the Garden of the Gods are allowed provided they are small, brief ceremonies.

  • No receptions are allowed in the park unless you are having a picnic at the Scotsman or South Spring Canyon Picnic areas.

  • Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed.

  • Please care for the natural environment-

    • only bring in chairs for the elderly or disabled. 

    • Do not bring in any tables, tents, arches, trellises, etc.

    • Do not release birds, butterflies, balloons, throw rice or confetti. 

    • No decorations allowed.

  • Blocking off areas, including parking, is not permitted.

  • Please stay on established trails and do not disturb vegetation.

  • Tourists and other groups may be at the same site.  Please be respectful of other park users.

  • Please follow all park rules. 

Views of Garden of the Gods Park from Special Event Areas. 

Below are six areas (and the amount of people that will fit into that area) that can be used for weddings.

 Jaycee Plaza (50 people)

Jaycee PlazaView from Jaycee Plaza

Sentinel Plaza (25 people)

Sentinel PlazaSentinel Plaza 2

Three Graces Plaza (25 people)

GOG 3 Graces

High Point (50 people)

GOG High Point 1

GOG High Point 2

Scotsman Picnic Area (25 people)

GOG Scotsman Area 1GOG Scotman Area 2

South Spring Canyon Area (50 people)

GOG South Spring Canyon

GOG Special Event MapClick map for enlarged view

Weddings in American Mothers Chapel and Rock Ledge Ranch

The American Mother's Chapel is located on Park property at the intersection of 31st Street and Chambers Way.

Reserve the chapel


If the photographs are for personal use, a permit is not needed.

If photographs are used for advertising or promoting a company in any way, including a business social media account, a Commercial Film Permit is required.

Film Permit applications can be submitted as early as twelve (12) months prior to the event and no later than fourteen (14) days.

Learn more or request a photography permit